Implants are a well-established, secure treatment option for replacing missing teeth or ill-fitting dentures or bridgework. Implants function just like natural teeth and are a great way to boost your confidence and your smile.
This is a specialist restorative procedure where titanium screws are inserted into your jawbone as fixed artificial replacements for your natural tooth roots to help support:
- Dentures (false teeth)
- Crowns (caps on top of damaged teeth)
- Bridges (structures to bridge or fill a gap where one or more teeth are missing)
Implants have a high success rate of over 95% and are long-lasting if cared for properly. We can help you plan your regular maintenance appointments and cleaning around teeth attached to the implants is no more difficult than cleaning your natural teeth.
Our team will thoroughly explain your planned treatment, as having a dental implant involves several visits to our practice for:
- A free implant consultation with our dentist Mike who is not only a qualified dental implant surgeon but highly experienced in complex restorative dentistry
- Special tests to assess the condition of your jawbone. Our dentist may need to do a bone graft procedure to increase the amount of bone in your jaw to support the implant (although not everyone needs this)
- Inserting your implant fixture/s, with guidance on implant care whilst your jawbone fuses to the titanium screw/s
- Fitting your crown, bridge or denture as the final stage of this restorative treatment
Every patient is different so treatment and timescale will depend on the type of implant you are having (single or multiple), the overall health of your mouth and gums, and condition of your jawbone.
Placing an implant is often easier than taking out a tooth and is usually done using a simple local anaesthetic. You won’t feel any pain at the time but, just like after a tooth extraction, there may be some discomfort for a short while after your surgery.
Mike and team are used to caring for the most anxious of patients so please don’t worry – you’re in good hands!
|Initial implant consultation||Free|
|Single tooth implants (fully restored)||from £3,300|
Please note that 50% of the total cost will be payable in advance of the implant surgery appointment with the remaining 50% taken after the fitting of your final restoration.