Want to make a real difference? You couldn’t be in better company.
We have opportunities for Unscheduled and Emergency Care Dentists at Smile Together Dental CIC, working within our West Country Dental Care team, to support the delivery of our much-valued ‘safety net’ NHS dental service in Cornwall.
Salaried positions without the stress of UDAs and clawback but with the benefit of an NHS pension, these posts would suit recently qualified dentists looking for that extraordinary early career opportunity or equally dentists returning from a career break or simply seeking to refocus their dental career and make a genuine difference in the community.
Reporting to our Clinical Director, responsibilities will include providing unscheduled dental care for patients in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly unable to access a General Dental Practitioner, and for visitors to the county requiring emergency care.
It’s never been a more exciting time to join us – we’re having a major impact in the county and we’re different!
Please send in your current CV with a covering letter outlining why you’d be a great appointment for us to email@example.com
Role summary: Providing unscheduled and emergency dental care for patients in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly unable to access a General Dental Practitioner, and for visitors to the county requiring emergency care.
The post holder’s responsibilities include:
- Providing unscheduled dental care for patients
- Supporting with routine dental care of children and adults unable to access a General Dental Practitioner
- Actively engaging with Smile Together teams and participating in audit activities, planning and development sessions, and in-house meetings etc
- Being responsible for safe working and practice on a day-to-day basis in sites of clinical activity, ensuring compliance with clinical governance and legislation, appropriate health, safety and security procedures within the work area, and report accidents, incidents and near misses using the Smile Together incident reporting procedure
- Participating in appropriate community dental and oral health promotion activities – for an example see more about our Smiles at Sea initiative at https://smiletogether.co.uk/smilesatsea/
- Undertaking other reasonable duties as requested by the Clinical Director and Smile Together Management Team
- Treating target numbers of patients
- Maintaining and developing your clinical competency and continuing professional/personal development according to agreed training needs via our Smile Together Training Academy
- Working alongside clinical and professional support colleagues in facilitating on-going organisational change and development
- Working in our clinics within East, Mid or West Cornwall
This post requires Occupational Health clearances, DBS clearance and two satisfactory references prior to start date, with all interview and appointment expenses covered including travel and DBS check.
Knowledge, Education, Training and Skills:
- Have a Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Have an appropriate higher dental qualification suitable for the role and an NHS performer number
- Full registration with the General Dental Council and Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Competency in the common aspects of clinical dentistry and experience of a wide range of dental procedures acquired through training and clinical experience
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and professional manner, and be competent and confident in dealing with patients who need unscheduled and/or emergency dental care
- Ability and knowledge to assess patients’ needs and make the appropriate treatment planning decisions
- Ability to travel between locations around the county
- It is expected that the post holder will be willing to receive appropriate ongoing training and professional/personal development
- The work is primarily clinic based and will include use of computer and telephony equipment
- The work may include occasional light lifting duties such as stationery boxes, files, dental consumables or other deliveries
- There will be occasions when travel to work in other locations will be required, with paid business mileage
- Cornwall has a largely rural population of over 530,000 – about half of these people are unable to access a General Dental Practitioner
- There are about 200 General Dental Practitioners in the county
- Smile Together operates as an employee-owned community interest company from locations across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, employing around 30 full and part-time dentists
- Our 100-plus team comprises dentists, dental therapists, dental nurses, dental lab technicians and professional support colleagues
- Smile Together is proud to have won a number of accolades including Social Investment Deal of the Year (with Resonance Ltd) in the UK Social Enterprise Awards 2019, Best Outreach or Charity Initiative in The Dental Awards 2019, Employer of the Year in the Cornwall Business Awards 2017, Dental Nurse of the Year in The Dental Awards 2017, Highly Commended in the Employee Ownership Awards 2017 for Positive Impact of the Year and runner-up in the Schülke ‘Infection Prevention and Control Awards 2017’ - see more at https://smiletogether.co.uk/our-achievements/
Our package includes:
- Paid indemnity and GDC registration (paid pro rata for the days you work with us)
- 27 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays each year
- Personal relocation support and package of up to £8,000 (where appropriate)
- A dedicated training package, both clinical to maintain your CPD and wider professional development via our Smile Together Training Academy
- A friendly support network with an induction colleague assigned to assist your transition to our company
- Employee benefits package
- 100% laboratory fees paid
- Access to reliable equipment including digital x-rays
- Outstanding work life balance in a beautiful part of the country
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and have a genuine voice in our employee-owned business
Equality and Diversity:
The post holder is required to abide by the organisation’s policies and procedures and to actively support the company’s commitment to equality and diversity in both employment and the delivery of services. All patients, staff and visitors must be treated equitably, with dignity and respect, taking into account their race, gender, ethnic origin, age, disability, sexuality etc.
This job description is not exhaustive and may change as the post develops, but such change will not take place without consultation between the post holder and his/her manager. Job descriptions should be reviewed at least annually at the appraisal meeting.