With potential on target earnings (OTE) of c.£80k p/a including a competitive guaranteed salary and advanced performance related bonus, this is an exciting opportunity to join our successful employee-owned dental social enterprise in a beautiful part of the country.
Want to make a real difference? You couldn’t be in better company.
This rewarding opportunity requires experience, compassion and flexibility alongside a passionate commitment to patient care, innovation and continuous service improvement. It could suit a confident early career/newly qualified dentist seeking an exciting developmental role.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Delivering against the UDA targets that we’re commissioned by NHS England to deliver in Penzance
- Opportunity to develop a private list alongside the achieved UDA target
- Provision of urgent dental care for patients (both children and adults) unable to access a General Dental Practitioner, and for visitors to the county requiring emergency care
- Telephone triaging patients as the first step towards treatment for those who need us most in our Urgent Dental Care Hubs
- Identifying and treating those patients most in need of follow-up emergency care, supporting impact case studies
- Balancing your urgent dental care commitments with the delivery of dentistry for NHS and private patients
You will need to have full GDC registration and an NHS Performer Number together with heaps of dedication and ambition!
Our package includes:
- Earnings up to £80,000 OTE per annum including a competitive guaranteed salary and advanced performance-related bonus (our standard full-time contract is 37.5 hours per week excluding breaks)
- Paid indemnity and GDC registration
- 27 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays each year
- Access to NHS pension
- Personal relocation support and package of up to £8,000* (where appropriate)
- A dedicated training package, both clinical to maintain your CPD and wider professional development via our Smile Together Training Academy
- A friendly support network with an induction colleague assigned to assist your transition to our company
- 100% laboratory fees paid (for the salaried part of the role)
- Access to reliable equipment including digital x-rays
- Free uniforms/scrubs, PPE and an annual flu jab alongside a range of health and wellbeing support and resources
- Workforce benefits package
- Outstanding work life balance in a beautiful part of the country
- Opportunity to participate in community dental and oral health promotion activities*, helping us to deliver our social and environmental impact, making a difference in your local community – for example, see more about our Smiles at Sea initiative at https://smiletogether.co.uk/smilesatsea/
- Opportunity to become a shareholder* and have a genuine voice in our employee-owned business
We’re a committed and friendly team that puts our people and patients first – it’s never been a more exciting time to join us in providing a valued dental service in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
Please see our Job Description and Person Specification for more details and, if you think this is the role for you, send us your current CV with a covering letter outlining why you’d be a great appointment for us to firstname.lastname@example.org or click 'Apply Online' below.