Want to make a real difference? You couldn’t be in better company.
A sought after opportunity has arisen for a qualified dentist to join the out of hours emergency dental care team at Smile Together working within West Country Dental Care.
Reporting to our Clinical Director, this opportunity will suit someone who wishes to broaden their experience and complement this much valued out of hours emergency service for the people of Cornwall, many of whom don’t receive regular dental care.
Covering Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, Smile Together is one of the South West’s largest NHS referral and emergency primary dental care providers. Our West Country Dental Care team provide urgent dental treatments for people who don’t have their own dentist, run out-of-hours surgeries and apply expert skills to treat children and adults with a range of special care needs alongside oral surgery, children’s orthodontics and treatments under general anaesthetic in a hospital setting. Under our Brighter Dental brand we provide competitively priced private dentistry from practices based in the heart of their communities, and we own a specialist dental laboratory DPS (Dental Prosthetic Solutions).
An award-winning and innovative organisation, we function as an employee-owned community interest company and social enterprise with clear rules about reinvesting our profits back into the community. Our Brighter Smiles campaign brings practical tooth-brushing clubs, fluoride varnishing and oral health education to children in areas of high decay across Cornish communities, and we reach further into our communities with outreach activities such as Smiles At Sea.
We’re a committed and friendly team that puts our people and patients first.
Please send in your current CV with a covering letter outlining why you’d be a great appointment for us to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whether you’re a recently qualified dentist looking for additional experience, are returning from a career break or simply seeking to make a difference in the community, we have a range of flexible evening/weekend opportunities within our much valued out of hours emergency dental service. We’re a committed and friendly team that puts our people and patients first - join us in providing this ‘safety net’ NHS dental service.
The post holder’s responsibilities include:
- Provide emergency dental care for patients in Cornwall unable to access a General Dental Practitioner, and for visitors to the county requiring emergency care
- Be responsible for safe working and practice on a day-to-day basis in sites of clinical activity, ensuring compliance with clinical governance and legislation, appropriate health, safety and security procedures within the work area, and report accidents, incidents and near misses using the Smile Together incident reporting procedure
- Actively engage with Smile Together teams and participate in audit activities
- Consider participating in appropriate community dental and oral health promotion activities – for examples see more about our Smiles At Sea initiative at https://smiletogether.co.uk/smilesatsea/ and our oral health campaign at brightersmiles.org.uk
- Undertake other reasonable duties as requested by the Clinical Director and Smile Together Management Team
- Treating patients attending for emergency out of hours appointments
- Maintaining and developing your clinical competency and continuing professional/personal development according to agreed training needs, including via our Smile Together Training Academy
- Working in our clinics within Bodmin, Truro or Penzance, Cornwall
This post requires Occupational Health clearances, DBS clearance and two satisfactory references prior to start date, with all interview and appointment expenses covered including travel and DBS check.
Knowledge, Education, Training and Skills:
- Have a Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Have a minimum one-year experience in practice
- Full registration with the General Dental Council and Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Competency in the common aspects of clinical dentistry and experience of a wide range of dental procedures acquired through training and clinical experience
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and professional manner, and be competent and confident in dealing with patients who need emergency dental care
- Ability and knowledge to assess patients’ needs and make the appropriate treatment decisions
- Evidence of commitment to continuing professional and personal development
- Familiarity with NHS dental services regulations and knowledge of NHS guidelines
- Trained to recognise and respond to medical emergencies
- Knowledge of systems of care provision and current health and safety regulations including adherence to COSHH guidelines and ionizing radiation regulations, and compliance with HTM 01-05 infection control procedures
- Awareness of and ability to keep confidentiality and handle sensitive data
- Knowledge of the Data Protection Act/General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and NHS Confidentiality Guidelines (e.g. Caldicott) and their implications
- Occupational health clearance
- A criminal record enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check satisfactory to the organisation
- Efficient IT skills and confidence in utilising new technology
- Effective time management skills and ability to work within time frames
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and non-verbal)
- Ability to demonstrate understanding and patience, balancing compassion, diplomacy and assertiveness, and generously going the extra mile for colleagues, patients and the community
- Ability to interact effectively with management, colleagues and the public
- Well organised and able to work efficiently and effectively under pressure, multi task and prioritise
- Ability to work authentically as part of a team, doing what you say you will do and building trust
- Ability to use own initiative and apply sound judgement, confident to voice an opinion, offer innovative solutions and feel part of decision making
- The work is primarily clinic-based and will include use of computer and telephony equipment
- The work may include occasional light lifting duties such as stationery boxes, files, dental consumables or other deliveries
- Patients and/or their carers and companions may on occasions be aggressive and abusive, and this places emotional demands of which the post holder should be aware
- There may be occasions when travel to work in other locations will be required
- Cornwall has a largely rural population of over 530,000 – about half of these people are unable to access a General Dental Practitioner
- There are about 200 General Dental Practitioners in the county
- Smile Together operates as an employee-owned community interest company from a number of locations across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, employing around 30 full and part-time dentists
- Our 100-plus team comprises dentists, dental therapists, dental nurses, dental lab technicians and professional support colleagues
- Smile Together is proud to have won a number of accolades including in The Dental Awards 2019, Social Enterprise UK Awards 2018, Cornwall Business Awards 2017, Employee Ownership Awards 2017 and Schülke ‘Infection Prevention and Control Awards 2017’ - see more at https://smiletogether.co.uk/our-achievements/
Our package includes:
- Access to our dedicated Smile Together Training Academy
- A friendly support network with an induction colleague assigned to assist your transition to our company and a shadowing shift prior to working alone
- Access to reliable equipment including digital x-rays
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and have a genuine voice in our employee-owned business
Equality and Diversity:
The post holder is required to abide by the organisation’s policies and procedures and to actively support the company’s commitment to equality and diversity in both employment and the delivery of services. All patients, staff and visitors must be treated equitably, with dignity and respect, taking into account their race, gender, ethnic origin, age, disability, sexuality etc.
This job description is not exhaustive and may change as the post develops, but such change will not take place without consultation between the post holder and his/her manager. Job descriptions should be reviewed at least annually.
In support of your application, please evidence your skills and experience against the following criteria, giving specific examples